Wednesday, January 23, 2008

More about Ms. Eaglin

As I lie in bed, trying to go to sleep, obviously the first thing that pops into my head is how to decline the verb "I am" -- in Latin.

"Sum, es, est, sumus, estis, sunt -- come on, Kiser, block that punt!"

That is how we learned the declension. Kiser was my middle school/jail.

Also, at the Latin conventions, instead of teaching us the lame song about Latin, she told us to mouth "watermelon," which apparently will blend itself in to any song you sing.

Before all the football games, she would hand out green M&M's (our school color was green) and say "fac bene" to the players who passed by. "Fac bene" means "do well" in Latin, but of course it sounds like "fuck Benny" in English.

And she knew it, too. I think that's probably 97% why she did it.

No comments: