Friday, December 21, 2007

1.778

What's that number? you ask. I'll give you a list of options.

a) It's my batting average
b) It's my IQ
c) It's my new address
d) It's my GPA
e) It's my failure.

If you guessed a) & c), well, you're wrong.

HOW DO YOU GET A 1.778 GPA?

WHAT IS THAT? AM I FLUNKING OUT OF COLLEGE? IS THAT AN F? I AM A FAILURE.

My overall GPA is a 3.259, so I think I'm OK on the flunking part. But really. What the fuck? I guess STRAIGHT C's warrant an absurdly low GPA, but 1.778? Do credit-only classes lower that? Because I passed credit-only.

Let's take a second to think about this. One. Point. Seven. Seven. Eight.

OK. Processed. I'm done ranting now.

On the bright side, I've printed out all my clips -- both the PDF and online copy, since apparently they don't want online copy but my PDFs are too hard to read. If they really want to, they can get out their looking glasses and check each. I've also finished my resume, which has been 99% finished for months and I've just gotten around to making it presentable. I've re-found the NYU web site that lists all the journalism internships and I plan on applying to each one of them. Or at least the ones for which the submission deadline hasn't yet flown by. Kinko's will be rolling in my pauper cash come tomorrow. "All I wanna do is BANG BANG BANG BANG and KACHIIIING and take your money."

On the shady side, it's 6:52 a.m. and I haven't yet been to sleep. Oh I've tried, and for a good five hours. Life sometimes hands me lemons and I just end up sleepless with a pile of citrus.

Might as well get some work done, eh?

4 comments:

meredith leigh harman said...

man, you must be really dumb or something. can you add people on this thing?

helendear said...

alison i am so glad im not the only christmas-break-insomniac. it's like a vicious cycle. one late night gilms fest and now im screwed.

also is that what MIA says in paper planes? "all i wanna do is BANGBANG and KACHING and take your money"? i am pretty much deaf when it comes to song lyrics, so thanks for the enlightenment girlfriend!

ps. sorry about your GPA, sometimes i just laugh at how badly i do on tests and things. then i realize i should spend more time studying and less time laughing. oh well. laughing is more fun.

MagAttacksYou said...

"Life sometimes hands me lemons and I just end up sleepless with a pile of citrus."

Best Alison quote EVER. I totally agree. I, also, was shocked at how shitty a GPA can be when you only take 12 hours and one of them is credit only. Hey, SURPRISE you did really poorly in school! Hey! Fun.

Let's run away to ancient Rome and we can speak Latin. SALVE!

Jaime said...

if it makes you feel any better, my grades include three S's and an X.

I GOT AN X.
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET AN X.

(actually i'm well aware, but pretending i don't know is way more fun and melodramatic.)

but even better: in reality, our school doesn't let us get A+'s. A-, sure, but A+? dear god, students doing REALLY WELL. this must not be possible! -obviously- they don't deserve a fairly weighted grading scale! WHAT AN OUTRAGE.

sorry about your 1.778 though, that's a bummer. i'm actually impressed that your regular gpa was able to stay as high as it is.

you do realize how cool it would be if you managed to make your gpa be 3.142? haha. not.