Thursday, December 13, 2007

Study time is, inevitably, blogging time

Today has been quite wonderful, and though it's mostly due to the fact that I've studied NO Calculus so far, there are other reasons, too.

So this morning my dad popped by Raleigh and we visited the Mac store. It was beautiful, as usual. But this time I actually walked out with something: a new MacBook. YES. Ever since I spilled energy drink on my first Mac -- my first laptop ever -- I've been mourning its demise. Or its computercide. So the outrageous price to fix it was about $900, and I was having so many problems with it (I couldn't save photos or documents because my memory was full. WHAT? I'd had it for about 5 months) that I just decided to get a new computer. Sadly, that computer came with Vista, which is now the bane of my entire existence. Or it was. Anyway, I made this deal with my dad: he buys the lovely computer up front and I'll pay him back in installments. I gave him about 1/10 of the money today and will probably pay off the rest in about a year. It's the best Christmas present in the world.

We went to eat at Quizno's, which, even though they put mushrooms on my sub, was great. I'd wanted to go yesterday, but since I stayed up the entire night before -- eating peas and apples with Maggie, Tabitha and Abby, watching the Devil Wears Prada and EVENTUALLY studying in the library at about 3:30 - 7:30 a.m. -- I slept most of yesterday. I got up a few times, went back to sleep, and then it was 10 p.m. and I'd missed both Gossip Girl and Quizno's operating hours. Anyway, it was great.

Then I got back and installed everything, which was time consuming. But wonderful. 

Then I got attacked by Maggie  and escaped to the Moon, where the Earth was rising. Here's a shot from my trip.




Hahah, hey there half of Elvis Costello's head! 

I invented the worst death ever as I was trying to go to sleep last night: imagine you have a machine, maybe it's in the form of a suit, that makes you obey the laws of gravity while you're in space. You wear this suit and you hop out of the shuttle. And then you fall and fall and fall and fall forever. No, really. FOREVER. But then maybe you'd fall out of space, and that'd be pretty amazing. What the hell is past outer space? 

I've also decided I'm becoming an astronaut. I figure I'm an automatic in, what with being to the Moon already.

2 comments:

MagAttacksYou said...

hahahahah i'm really glad you used that photo of me. it's my favorite ever -- really flattering and cute.

was this inspired by my astronomy book? i hope so.

let me play with your new computer...NOW!

helendear said...

woowwwww you went to the moon?? really!!! that's so cool alison you're so cool

also nice new blog format i like it!